LARGEST FULLY INTEGRATED AQUACULTURE FARM IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC - SO LIVE AND WORK IN YOUR DREAM LOCATION NOW!
- ESTABLISHED COMMERCIAL ENTITY, this comprehensive 44.96 hectare Aquaculture business located in the pristine hinterland of the Central division of Viti Levu, Fiji Islands, consists of an established Freshwater Aquaculture facility (including a reservoir lease holding) 100% gravity fed (being originally built as part of an Irrigation project) from a secluded reservoir with approximately 16 hectares (40 acres) of 46 ponds, nursery raceways, bio-security certified hatchery operations and on site certified processing facility.
- With leading domestic MARKET POSITION and emerging domestic and export markets, this benchmark operation demonstrates strong scalability opportunity. Reputable distribution into domestic retail and tourism venues in Fiji, as well as proven “to market” export channels underway with Pacific Trade Invest and Fiji Trade Commission (to NZ)
- BIO-SECURE SITE with Imported brood stock with current ponds of genetically superior giant freshwater prawns (M. rosenbergi) and tilapia (O. niloticus) with freshwater eels and grass carp under current research & development
- CURRENT PRODUCTION IN PROCESS: 320 tonne of Tilapia & 50 tonne Giant Freshwater Prawns, with increased capacity opportunity under current leased site.
- Certified Food Safe onsite PROCESSING AND PACKAGING FACILITY: 6 tonne ice machine, cleaning & packaging rooms, cool room, freezer & blast freezer with product distribution area and expansion opportunities.
- Proven on-site production area for happas, cages and netting including industrial sewing machines
- LOCATION: Navua, FIJI (39 km West of the capital city of Suva) appx 24 miles.
- SIZE: approximately 16 hectares of ponds + 13 hectares of farmland +15 hectare reservoir lease that services Fiji water to the ponds daily.
- RESERVOIR: As featured in the movie Anaconda this unique rainforest dense location, prolific with pure waters and bordered onto the untouched Garrick Reserve, overlooks the famous Beqa Island. 1.5km in length by 700 meters wide with average depth of 6 meters, earmarked for future low impact cage culture production of a range of aquaculture species.
- TITLE: Crown Leasehold 11 years remaining (with 10 year extension option) with further negotiation available.
- INCLUDES: 6 year old former University Campus, 2-story office building with lab and research rooms, production and maintenance areas, hatchery & broodstock facilities, grow-out facilities and production ponds, processing facility.
- Great FUTURE POTENTIAL: Hydro-electric capability, Eco-Tourism & Agro-Tourism (tours, retail store, live-work internships, research, NGO & educational partnership opportunities for environmental, rural and sustainable development)
- Separate residential cottage: 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom manager’s quarters onsite
- 4 full-time employees + hourly and part-time employees based on seasonality and demand
- Previous academic site for Fiji National University (FNU) and University of South Pacific (USP)
- INSTANT EXPOSURE WITH QUALITY & RECOGNIZABLE BRAND: 24,000+ online followers
- AWARD-WINNING BUSINESS: 2019 Fiji Prime Minister’s “Excellence in Business Awards”.
PRICE: Expressions of Interest
To see ALL of our available properties, check out our website: ProfessionalsFIJI.com, and make sure to Follow Us on Facebook (Professionals FIJI Real Estate) and Instagram (@fijirealestate) for the most up-to-date market information and newest listings.
- Property Type: Business
- Property ID: 15878