About The Property.com.fj Magazine
Fiji is a frontier market for international property investors and the most urban of the South Pacific’s Melanesian countries. And with 332 islands, there is an interesting inventory of real estate picks- from quaint farm houses to private islets and everything in between.
As the country’s leading real estate website, the launch of a magazine edition of the same name compliments a highly successful online presence. Free of charge and distributed at select outlets, this flagship magazine has been widely welcomed by readers preferring a print medium of Fiji real estate news and a catalogue of coveted properties by legitimate, licensed real estate companies.
Find below our most recent publications.
Property.com.fj Issue #4
Wailoaloa Beach builds momentum as Fiji’s newest hub of luxury living. In this issue:
- The InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) introduces its first local Crowne Plaza property, and with an inventory of 453 rooms, the Crowne Plaza Fiji Wailoaloa Beach gets bragging rights as Fiji’s largest hotel.
- Raine & Horne- one of Australia’s fastest growing real estate franchises- expands to Fiji with its first local office in Lautoka, ahead of a gradual, regional spread across the South Pacific
- Agents and sales personnel offer their input on incoming, real estate legislations, with a series of national consultative workshops preparing the industry for more regulatory measures
- The Real Estate Agents Association introduces new rules as it works to up-skill members, particularly in the face of growing housing demands in major urban areas
Alongside the Crowne Plaza, a spate of other upcoming, upmarket residential and resort properties on the Nadi Bay waterfront propel the once quaint, backpacking shell into the town’s most eminent neighborhood outside Denarau Island.
Property.com.fj Issue #3
The listing of local, private island plantations at global luxury auctions remind readers of why Fiji draws an influx of affluent buyers escaping to the simple life. This reader’s digest takes a look at:
- Ba, the hometown of Fiji’s most eminent business dynasties, its largest Freehold residential development in recent times
- Nakasi City’s grand entry in the Central division, cementing Nakasi as the next major commercial hub in the Greater Suva Area (GSA).
- The oceanic ambience of Tides Reach Resort and its owners background in interior décor, furniture design, remodeling and real estate
- The Fiji Public Service Association’s upcoming retail and residential development along the Queen’s Rd of Martintar, the most cosmopolitan and coveted commercial strip in the tourist town of Nadi
The formation of a Real Estate Agents Association propels practitioner representation and the development of more sustainable industry standards for agents and sales personnel.
Property.com.fj Issue #2
Nanuku Resort Villas make a fine entry with an international launch for some of the most beautifully-designed beachfront residencies in the country, complete with rental management for absent owners.
Other features include:
- Sage advice by a respected valuer on FAQs such as property value, selling prices and what buyers should consider about the local market before making binding offers to purchase
- Architectural challenges, such as obstacles of conforming to Australian and New Zealand building standards and a review of Fiji’s National Building Code
- A spread on the Hexagon Group’s newest finery and first cross-section project, Vitivou Estates, staking one of the last remaining Freehold sites along the bustling Suva-Nausori corridor. Its other new reveal is Yadua Bay Resort & Villas, a private new waterfront development outside Sigatoka.
- How migratory trends have pressured the rental market in the face of overwhelming dwelling demands
Other notable developments include a new 10-acre commercial and residential spread by the Carpenters Group on the foreshore of the capital city’s CBD. Alongside plans for a Times Square-style setting and two hotels, Suva can expect a dramatic makeover of its iconic waterfront strip.
Property.com.fj Issue #1
This debut edition features riveting coverage of the highs and lows of the industry, including insider input on:
- The nuances of improving realty services, legislative amendments and findings from the country’s sole real estate survey
- Fiji’s dismal rate of property insurance and efforts to improve uptake
- The personal mantras of real estate agents and practitioners – what makes them tick
- Denarau Waters, a prestigious residential land release on the Southern half of Denarau Island, the Pacific’s largest integrated resort development
- The buying power of affluent Chinese investors and their reach into the local market
And taking the honors for our first cover page is Vunabaka, the breath-taking, environmentally-conscious residential and resort enclave rising on the turquoise bay of the Malolo Islands. Covering 120 acres of private, luxury lodgings, the precinct is amongst the South Pacific’s most exclusive communities.